Intermittant MGB

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Intermittant MGB
From: brucec@amex-trs.com (Bruce Carter)
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1992 13:02:16 -0700

Well folks somebody answered my prayer/slip of the tongue. The car died,
listen to this, it died in the parking lot to my apartment just a few
feet from my parking spot. It is hard down now, it will not start, it
turns over but fails to start.

I think I will start with the most obvious things, like electrical
connections, then points and condenser, then the starter and solenoid
(this suggestion came from Ron Peterson), then buy a gun if I still
can't find it and either give the car a lobotomy or myself one and I'm
not sure which.

At least I have a hard failure which should make it easier to find than
an intermittant problem. Those are always the hardest to find.

I had checked the distributor for shorted wires but I had not R&R'd the
points and condenser. I kind of wished I had brought my dwell meter this
would help to a certain degree. I do have a Simpson 260 so I can atleast
find opens and shorts.

I sure hope it is very obvious what the problem is, cause it sure is
aggrevating to have an intermittant problem. Although it has passed the
intermittant stage to hard broke phase.

Will have news/update tomorrow on the status of the deceased
transportation device.

Bruce...