"M" is for .....

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: "M" is for .....
From: "Daren Stone, D2 IE, 5-9521, bpr:237-2322, RN2-C6" <DSTONE@libra.intel.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 92 09:00:01 PDT
Geronimo x54903 page 951-3432 <GENDIMEN@T12SYS.intel.com> writes:
> One last trivia question, what does the M on the bonnet latches mean?

Andy replies:
I can't picture the exact bit you're referring to, but usually if you're
looking at a diddly little part that has an "M" on it, it's one of those
handy-dandy "HELP!" parts made by Motormite, who put out an incredibly
ingenious line of auto parts consisting primarily of replacements for all
the niggly little bits that fall off or get broken on the family car.

     >>Umm, I'd be hard-pressed to swallow that one. Altho
     they do stock a huge variety of automotive oddities, I
     doubt very seriously that Motormite makes bonnet
     latches for a GT6. But if they do, maybe they make a
     generator/tach drive reduction box for a MKI Sprite
     too ....

          dstone@sc9.intel.com