REQUEST: Jaguar XJ Air-Conditioning

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: REQUEST: Jaguar XJ Air-Conditioning
From: RICHARD ROBBINS <ROBBINRH@splava.cc.plattsburgh.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1992 13:01 EST
Date sent:  30-JUL-1992 12:57:08
After 2 years I finally activated the air conditioning on my 1974 XJ-6.
But it's not cooling.  It's a factory system, climate control (with a GM
compressor), and while it is producing cold air, very little is getting
into the car.  I'm not getting any cooling out of the center-vent over the
radio.  That is the only vent that is supposed to be cold air only;
the other vents turn out a combination of cold and warm air to get the
selected temperature.
Anyone have a similar problem, and some cures or suggestions?
Thanks!

     Richard H. Robbins           Bitnet: Robbinrh@snyplava.bitnet
     Department of Anthropology   Internet: Robbinrh@splava.cc.plattsburgh.edu
     SUNY at Plattsburgh