DeDion Axle

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: DeDion Axle
From: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 92 15:24:26 EDT
|Date: 7-29-92  3:01pm
|From: Dean Zywicki:dcrt:nih
|  To: {british-cars@autox.team.net}:INTERNET
|Subj: DeDion Axle
   If you've never seen a DeDion axle it's hard to describe.  My Alfa
gtv6 has a DeDion rear axle and it's quite a sight to look at.  It's
like a trangle with the base being the rear "axle" between the wheels
and the third point up in front around the center of the car.  It
seems like the whole triangle tilts to one side or the other so it's
like a solid axle, but the movement is a bit different.  It has
shocks and coils in the back too, giving a pretty stiff ride.  I've been
looking for other cars that have a Dedion axle, but haven't heard of too
many.

    Dean