Re: Dealing with insurance companies

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (british-cars@autox.team.net)
Subject: Re: Dealing with insurance companies
From: britcars@hpfckjs.fc.hp.com
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 92 12:18:04 MDT
There are several keys that I have found that help you deal with insurance
companies.  First most of the companies have a stated value insurance option.
Although this does not guarantee that you would get this if the car was
totaled it shows the insurance company that the car is more than just a
depriciating hulk.  It gives you a leg to stand on.  There are also insurance
companies that specialize in collector cars.  If you have an accedent that is
not your fault and is being covered by the other drivers insurance company
you can file a claim with your company for the difference.  Your company will
then pursue the other company for that money.  Many insurance companies are
now giving low estimates to help cut insurance fraud of multiple claims on
the same dammage.  if you intend to have the car fixed at a shop have the
shop and the insurance company work out the details and get out of the
middle.  It is best to have a collectors car appraised every few years and
give a copy of the appraisal to your insurance company.  This will help in
the event of an accedent.  And finnaly I am not sure of all of the insurance
laws but I believe at least in Colorado that we can demand new parts if they
are available.  Other states probably vary.  Good luck, it took me 8 months
to get a setlemant on my GT6 when it got crunched.
--

Kevin Spooner
The Sports Works of Greeley

britcars@hpfckjs.fc.hp.com