RE: Throwing things (cars) away

To: hoosier.cs.utah.edu!british-cars
Subject: RE: Throwing things (cars) away
From: jeb@mtqua.att.com
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 92 15:52 EDT
>                                Note that you see a lot of MGs
>and Triumphs in bad shape, but when was the last time that you saw a
>trashed Mercedes or Italian Exotic? Price of entry seems to keep out
>those who cannot (or will not) afford the maintenance.
>
>Tim Mullen         tmullen@thor.nafb.trw.com

I've always understood that one of the real problems with the
Jag XKE was its relatively low price.  The price was remarkably
low relative to the performance (and the sex appeal of that
elegant shape) but maintenance requirements and cost were still
pretty high.  So people bought that car and couldn't (or
wouldn't) maintain it.  So they deteriorated and got the
reputation for unreliability.

Jim Beckman   att!mtqua!jeb