Re: Car Ads from New Jersey

To: acg@hermes.dlogics.com
Subject: Re: Car Ads from New Jersey
From: whs70@dancer.cc.bellcore.com (sohl,william h)
Date: 15 Jul 1992 16:07 EDT
>jeb@mtqua.att.com writes:
>> 65 Trabant. E German Collector Car.  Fiberglass body, 16,315
>> mls, exc cond, orig paint & interior, $2995 or b/o.
>> 609-729-1219 [couldn't resist including this one].
>
>Oh, "collector car", my foot. What I'd like to know is how in the world
>they got it into this country. Maybe via a U.S. serviceman? I remember
>when Car & Driver brought one in last year, they had a helluva time keep-
>ing it; the E.P.A. kept threatening to confiscate it and crush it.
>-- Andy

I suspect the Car & Driver owned Trabant was a post 1968 vehicle.
To my knowledge there are no such constraints on importation of
1967 or earlier year vehicles due to EPA and/or federal safety
requirements.

Standard Disclaimer- Any opinions, etc. are mine and NOT my employer's.
Bill Sohl (K2UNK) BELLCORE (Bell Communications Research, Inc.)
Morristown, NJ             email via UUCP      bcr!dancer!whs70
201-829-2879 Weekdays      email via Internet  whs70@dancer.cc.bellcore.com