cockney

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: cockney
From: jesup@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com (Randell Jesup)
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 92 17:03:46 EDT
>From a british friend of mine who works here...

> An ol china plate of mine hinf-inched some tom foolery from his trouble's
                            half-inched
> jam jar. I must admit he has a bit brahms at the time having just come from
> the boozer across the frog. Anyways I got on the dog and bone, called up
> the boys in blue. "Gorden bennet" I cried, within 3 minutes this peeler,
> with a short bonnet and slick whistle comes around and gives me china
> an earfull.

ol = old
china plate = mate
half-inched = pinched (stole)
tom-foolery = ? (I thought it  was trouble)
trouble = trouble-and-strife = wife (my favourite)
jam jar = car
Brahms - Brams and Liszt = pissed (drunk)
boozer = pub
frog = frog and toad = road
dog and bone = phone
boys in blue = police
"Gordon Bennet" = Cor Blimey = Holy Toledo (rough translation)
peeler = police
bonnet = hat. Short Bonnet probably = officer
whistle and flute = suit

Rough translation:
A friend of mine got himself into trouble with his wife's car. I must admit he
was a bit drunk at the time having just come out of the pub accross the road.
Anyway, I got on the phone and called the police. To my surprise, 3 minutes late
a smart looking policeman comes around and gives my friend an earful.

        Randell