Coil Question

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Coil Question
From: "Daren Stone, D2 IE, 5-9521, bpr:237-2322, RN2-C6" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 92 10:19:01 PDT
     Okay, this one should be simple:

     I have a rather large box of coils of various types,
     and need to find a good one to replace the one I burned
     out in Mexico.
          Question #1: In an Ohm reading the accurate way of
          determining condition, or is there something else I
          should measure ?

          Question #2: What is the correlation (if there is
          one) between Ohms and the "hotness" of a coil ? (I'm
          sure I could attempt to recount my basic Electronics
          but it's easier to ask, and I'm sure I'll get a more
          comprehensive answer. :-)

          Question #3: Does anyone have the Ohm specs for
          the Lucas coils ? I have three Lucas coils, two
          "small" and one "large" diameter.

     Thanks in advance-
                       dstone@sc9.intel.com