detroit locker

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: detroit locker
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 92 19:04:42 -0400
        I was looking through the summer catalog I just received from
TRF and I saw an interesting classified ad.  It was a detroit locker
for a Spitfire or GT6 diff.  Is this for real or has somebody made
one from another application fit into the diff housing.  I'm interested
because I have heard the driveline of the GT6 is a tad weak, and the
differential carrier fails.  'Future owner of a spit-6'

woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu

P.S. are there a lot of replacement parts availible for the GT6 in
the aftermarket?  Is there another source for transmissions?