monza exhaust

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: monza exhaust
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 92 12:50:06 -0400
        I put a monza on my spitfire.  I'm not sure if it was
designed to run with a catalytic converter or not.  Mine does
not have one (there is nothing inside it anymore).  I thought
the thing was way too loud.  At idle it sounded good, but any
sort of accleration made it sound like one of those Japanese
superbikes.  I really couldn't notice a power difference, but
the engine was not running very well at the time either.  The
stock system was much more pleasing.

woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu