new addition and pulling a Midget engine...

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: new addition and pulling a Midget engine...
From: "Mmmmmm, doughnuts! 06-Jul-1992 1332" <metzger@decwet.ENET.dec.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 92 13:31:53 PDT
Yes the oil leak on My Midget is coming from the rear seal. I have to pull the
engine now. Unfortunately 2 weeks of vacation is far too little an amount of
time when you've become a proud papa...(Kathleen Carroll Metzger born on
fathers
day...)

My question is...Can you pull the engine on a 1275CC Midget without pulling the
transmission as well? Or is it easier to pull the whole engine any tranny,
seperate the two and do the main seal , reassemble the two and put the whole
thing back in....

I'll be taking the engine out wednesday (renting a hoist) Can I get it back in
with just the two of us (wife and I with baby watching on the sidelines or
should I wait until I can gather some friends for the task?)

thanks,

 John "dad" Metzger
 metzger@decwet.dec.com