New gifs on hoosier

To: british-cars@hoosier (SOL list)
Subject: New gifs on hoosier
From: tj@alpine.b17a.ingr.com (T.J. Higgins)
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 92 12:46:12 CDT
I have just uploaded 2 black-and-white GIFs to hoosier.  The names
are nabms92a.gif and nabms92b.gif.  These are composite pictures of
the cars from the recent show in Huntsville.  As each car rolled out
of the mall, it had its picture made.  The camera that took the
picture is a fancy electronic thingy (I forget its name) that doesn't
use film; the images go directly into the camera's memory.  The
memory holds 32 pictures.  When picture-taking is complete, the camera
is hooked up to a personal computer and the images are loaded into
the computer in PCX form.  From there you can do what you will with
them.  The camera takes black-and-white pictures only, but it is
truly an impressive piece of equipment.  I'm told that a color
version is under development.

My friend Martin, who owns the camera, put together these composite
pictures from the individual images.  They were converted from PCX to
GIF using PBMPLUS.

Here is an index of the cars contained in the pictures:

                nabms92a.gif
                ------------
'67 AH3000              '74 Jensen-Healey
'59 Jag XK-150          '62 TR4
'73 Jag XKE coupe       '65 Sunbeam Tiger
'60 TR3                 '72 MGB-GT
'73 Jag XKE             '76 MGB
'52 MG TD               '59 MGA Twin-Cam
? Morris Minor coupe    '60 Bugeye Sprite

                nabms92b.gif
                ------------
'67 MGB                 '86 Jag XJ-S
'70 Jag XKE             '73 Jag XKE
'54? Sunbeam Alpine     '69 Lotus Europa
'60 Bugeye Sprite       '29 Rolls-Royce 20-20
'59 MGA                 '76 TR6
'66 Sprite              '65 MGB
'69 Lotus Elan          '78 Spitfire

It looks like the Bugeye made it into both pictures -- oops.

Yours truly can be seen to the right of the Sunbeam Alpine.  That's a
Fizzball Racing t-shirt I'm wearing!

The year of the Alpine is questionable.  The owner thought it was a
'53, but it has overdrive, which was only available in '54 and '55.

These GIFs are also available by e-mail from server@ingr.com.

Currently in alt.binaries.pictures.misc is a gif that the rec.aviation
folks put together to identify themselves.  A very nice design.  Pat V.,
Ed D., you may want to take a look.  I'll mail it to anyone interested.

Enjoy,
--
T.J. Higgins | higgins@ingr.com | Intergraph Mapping Sciences | Huntsville, AL
"Women are like elephants to me.  I like to look at them but