RE: British Cars Digest #509 Mon Jul 6 01:15:01 MDT 1992

To: "british-cars" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: British Cars Digest #509 Mon Jul 6 01:15:01 MDT 1992
From: "T_MULLEN" <TMULLEN@atlas.nafb.trw.com>
Date: 6 Jul 92 08:59:00 PST
>Before any one asks, I don't remember the name of the place, but it
>was something like "High Performance Coatings", maybe in Oklahoma some
>place.  I will look it up over the weekend, and post the address and
>phone number.

I actually remembered to look up the address (I knew those receipts
had to be good for something other than just for my wife to hold
against me :-)...).

The address (two of them actually) is:

High Performance Coatings Inc.
4701 S.W. 20th Street
Oklahoma City, OK  73128
405-682-2220

or

High Performance Coatings Inc.
135 Sheldon Road
Manchester, Connecticut 06040
203-647-9963

In looking at the receipt, it cost me $125 to have the headers coated,
and 10 for shipping.  I also seem to remember that they prefer "new"
parts because the "exhaust junk" in used pipes can mess up their
chemicals...   You could clean them REAL good, or maybe work out a
deal with them...   Like I said before, the pipes look good, haven't
changed color (I got the ignition system fixed over the weekend, and
the cars running again), hold in the heat (you can't quite touch the
headers, but it doesn't appear to be any hotter than the engine block
itself...

I recommend it; for what that's worth....

Tim Mullen       tmullen@thor.nafb.trw.com