Ordering parts from UK

To: sol@hoosier (brit)
Subject: Ordering parts from UK
From: Kazuo Yoshizaki <yoshi@kobe.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 92 17:02:11 JST
>I ended up buying a few other parts (far cheaper also) and still was way
>within the weight limit for the $14 air ship fee. Lotus shipped the parts
>to Kelvedon in 1 week, and it took 1 additional week by air mail (wonder
>where it goes during the week?). Anyways, sure beats 4-6 weeks by boat!
>
>Anyways, in some cases (particularly with light parts) you can get your parts
>far cheaper and sooner by eliminating the middle man when he doesn't stock
>the part. Your mileage may vary!

This is true indeed.
I usually order parts for my Esprit from London Lotus Centre.
Their pricing is about one third of what I have to pay for a local parts shop
in Japan, and the delivery time is about one week.
The heaviest item I ordered from UK was a clutch assembly. I forgot the exact
cost and postage (via air) but it was still cheaper.

Choose the cheapest way for your poor-man's sport!

K. Yoshizaki (yoshi@hpjsdo.kobe.hp.com)