Copper Shocks?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Copper Shocks?
From: RCG1597@ZEUS.TAMU.EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1992 7:56:50 -0500 (CDT)
        Hi everybody!  I've got a one of those small detailing questions.  I'm
currently rebuilding an MGA1600MkII.  I was repainting the shock absorbers the
other day day when something occured to me.  I don't ever remember seeing
copper
painted shocks in any of the picturesof these cars that I have ever seen.  The
thing is that I generally have only seen pictures of 1500s and 1600MkIs.  The
car has been in the family since new, and I am almost positive that they are
the
original shocks(I've checked them out and they are all still good!--can you
believe it?).  So I was wondering if anyone outh there knows if in fact the
shocks on these later cars were painted copper.  Oh, by the way, the connecting
arms for the rear shock are also copper, so I'm almost sure they were
originally
this color, but I was wondering if anyone else might know.

-Thanks
*Rick Guynn -MG driver wanna-be.  *  MGA 1600 MkII                        *
*RCG1597@zeus.tamu.edu            *  Rebuild (complete) to be finished ?? *
*Texas A&M University             *                                       *
*Keeper of the eternal octagon    *                                       *
* a.k.a. The marque symbol that   *                                       *
*        refuses to die.          *                                       *