Re: LBC horns

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: LBC horns
From: Cory Carpenter <coryc@sequent.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 92 14:09:56 -0700
brucec@amex-trs.com remarked:

>pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile@medtron.medtronic.COM (Philip J Ethier) writes:
>> Daren Stone writes:
>>>     -Fix horn (don't laugh, when one of the course
>>>     instructions is "cows on the course", a horn becomes a
>>>     mandatory piece of safety equipment)
>>
>> And get a louder one than stock.
>
>and Andrew Green scribed:
>> Second that! Which makes me wonder: where on earth is it written that
>> little cars are supposed to have wimpy little nasal-sounding horns? If
>> I was building small cars, I would make certain that they had the biggest,
>> loudest horns I could fit. Is there some psychological angle to this prac-
>> tice of putting tiny, bleating little buzzers on small cars???
>
>I would have put in an air type horn that semi trucks have so people
>knew that someone or something was coming.
>
>Bruce...

I guess I lucked out in one respect:  My Europa has the factory-optional dual
air horns installed!  (Naturally they weren't working when I bought it -- I
had to rework one of the compressors and rig up a kludge-button to make
up for my missing steering-wheel centre/horn-push.)

What can I say.  Nearly being backed into by assorted Buicks and
Lincolns in parking lots three times in two days can be a heck of a
motivating factor!

-coryc