RE value of Europa & Nyloc nut source

To: "british-cars" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE value of Europa & Nyloc nut source
From: "T_MULLEN" <TMULLEN@thor.nafb.trw.com>
Date: 17 Jun 92 08:29:00 PST
+ From: spitfire?davevh@microsoft.com

+ | all Europas with Twin Cams are Big Valve heads :-)

+ Well, yes and no.  In 72 they put some leftover small-valve Weber
+ heads on European-spec Europas, but all the Federal-spec cars (ie,
+ Stromberg heads) were  Big Valve.

You're right.  Sorry about that, but living in CA, I tend to think in
terms of what's "legal" here (or at least what you can get away with),
and as much a I would like to have Weber heads ... They were not
original (in the U.S.) and therefore don't meet the "letter of the
law"...

+ | The exhaust valves are only about 0.1 inch bigger in diameter or some
+ | relatively small change

+ That's the intake valves, and they're 1 mm larger.  You also have to
+ open up the  ports a bit, though.

+ Dave Van Horn davevh@microsoft.com

Right again...   I was thinking about the fact that I had to have the
exhaust valves replaced when I did the head...

For the others that asked, the name and address of the aircraft
hardware (i.e. Nylock nuts, etc.) supply company is:

        Columbia Airmotive
        P.O Box 428
        Troutdale, Oregon  97060
        Phone 503-665-4896

As an example of their prices, AN365-524 (5/16 - 24) Nyloc nuts cost
me $10.25 for 100 of them.  I also bought a lot of Stainless Steel
washers, etc. This was about two years ago, so their prices have
probably increased slightly...  They also were willing to help figure
out the proper combination of parts to design your own stuff (I
replaced the Elan's plastic headlight opening linkage with some
non-breakable spherical bearings from them).

Tim Mullen  --  tmullen@thor.nafb.trw.com