Repro Parts

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Repro Parts
From: lye@elegans.wustl.edu (John Lye)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 92 12:49:35 CDT
TeriAnn sez:

->Whenever I purchase parts from TRF, I feel that I will get parts made by the
->original manufacturer to original specs whenever such are available.  When I
->orger parts from Moss, I think I will get the cheapest part that they can
->purchase, that may need filing to fit.  Unfortunatly, a very high percentage
->of the parts that I tried to get from TRF this year are out of stock & I Moss
->had them in stock.  I just have to do my own QA :*(

Yeah, I agree, that's really why I had already pretty much stopped buying
parts from Moss unless absolutely necessary (ie out of stock at TRF)
prior to the time they picked up sponsorship of the race car.  I'm
afraid that V-B is even more like this than Moss, IMHO.  However,
Moss Europe is another story.  I was pretty worried when they went
on their buying spree and picked up TriumphTune, among others, but
it doesn't appear to have affected them (yet).

John