Trade TR6 for Mercedes-560SL conv?

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Trade TR6 for Mercedes-560SL conv?
From: paisley@cme.nist.gov (Scotty Paisley)
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 92 17:08:35 EDT
I had a funny thing happen to me today...  A 560SL convertable (top
down) pulled up with me at a stop light.  It was a beautiful day, and
I was in the TR6 with the top down of course... Looking over at this
$60,000 car, the following exchange took place...

ME: "Hey, Nice car...  Would you care to trade?"  (Of course I would
    never do such a trade, well, maybe to sell his car and buy and Austin
    Healy or something...)

HIM: "How much do you owe on your car?"

ME: "Nothing"

HIM: "Sure! It's a deal!"

Which goes to show you, a "paided for" LBC is more happiness than a
560SL with $40,000 of debt on it.
---
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost.  - Rush

Scott Paisley

P.S.  I didn't trade... :-)