Re: carpet sets (cheap)

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: carpet sets (cheap)
From: acg@hermes.dlogics.com
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1992 11:02:34 CDT
william sadler <wsadler@copper.ucs.indiana.edu> writes:
> Does anyone know a cheap place to get carpet for a 68 MGB
> (to go in my '68 MGC)?

My not-too-old J.C. Whitney catalog lists a choice of three materials
available for '68-'76 MGB:
                                            Polypropylene
Polyester Shag           Nylon Pile           Loop Pile
--------------           ----------         -------------
78-2879BF                78-0548NF          78-0561YF
    $116.06                  $95.36             $80.96

These quotes are for a full set, front and rear. The pieces can also
be ordered separately via a whole bunch of additional part numbers
which frankly I am too cross-eyed to type in right now.

Note that this is not an endorsement of J.C. Whitney! Quality varies
wildly depending on what you order, so I'll leave it up to others to
chime in here and tell you what they think of these carpet kits.

Andrew C. Green
Datalogics, Inc.      Internet: acg@dlogics.com
441 W. Huron          UUCP: ..!uunet!dlogics!acg
Chicago, IL  60610    FAX: (312) 266-4473