It's here! The MkII SOL Logo!

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, pwv@tc.fluke.com
Subject: It's here! The MkII SOL Logo!
From: Ed Devinney <pismobch@well.sf.ca.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 92 00:12:25 -0700
And the basic (Illustrator) postscript is available on hoosier - it's lean,
it's mean, it'll strike fear into the hearts of miata owners, it's the
product-improved SOL logo.  Currently it's sized for T-shirts, but of course
it's scalable to decals, stickers, stamps, polo shirts, and tattoos on your
delicate parts.  It's improved over the old logo in that a) the flag is,
I believe, rightside-up now, 2) the size will print to an 8.5X11 page,
and iii) the bits are laid out and grouped so that they can be printed
off separately and made directly into spot color screens.  This means that
a printer can make the shirt or whatever with little or no prepwork -
saving us all some money.

A Mac PS file has been uploaded to hoosier; I have Mac PICT, IBM-PC EPSF,
and IBM-PC TIFF, but they'll all take forever for me to upload, and as I
have to actually pay for this, I'm loath to do so.  Others may have that
privilege.

In the rec.motorcycles world, there's a netnews m/c club called the Denizens
of Doom or DoD, of which I am #288, and which has a concept that's about
all it has) of the Keeper of the <Whatever>, or Kot<w>.  In that spirit,
I'll happily be Keeper of the PostScript (KotPS).  It looks like Pat
Vilbrandt (Hi Pat!) is heading towards Keeper of the T-Shirts (KotTS).
If you want polos, become the KotP and do it.  Same for decals.  It's not
too hard, and it divides the work up.

So ftp that puppy down, or ask me to mail you the PS.  If enough folks
ask for something like the PC EPSF file, I'll upload that (56k), but the
rest are between 345k and 603k, and since I have but a 1200bps modem right
now, well, you can send me a disk or something.

Enjoy!

ed
ed devinney                                             pismobch@well.sf.ca.us
        "I don't know what the world may need,
         but a V8 engine's a good start for me..." - Cracker