Sprite Beading Replacement

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Sprite Beading Replacement
From: Angus Grossart <angusg@spider.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 92 10:11:01 MET DST
Hi All,

        I own and love an Austin Healey Sprite Mk1.  During its lifetime the
beading between the bonnet and wings has gone missing and the channel been
filled with filler.  The filler is now beginning to crack due to vibrations of
the pannels.  Has anyone ever replace the beading on their Sprite?  If so was
it a tough job, how did you do it?  Alternatively did you just replace the
filler?
        Assuming the beading is replaced is it painted over once set in place
or it is stainless steel?  If it is not sealed in with paint afterwards I
would suspect filler is a better solution to avoid rust,  yes?

Happy Motoring,
Angus

--
       |                                Angus John MacLeod Grossart
       |     There can be only one!     Spider (/\oo/\) Systems
    \_(_)_/                             Stanwell Street, Edinburgh, EH6 5NG