Lotus Meet

To: sol@hoosier.utah.edu
Subject: Lotus Meet
From: salil@igor.tamri.com (Salil Saxena)
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 92 12:40:45 -0700
Lotus West Coast Meet

Just wanted to add a couple of words about the meet, in addition to
what Michael Sands has written.

Track day:
        This was the first time I had been taken a car on a track.  Boy
it was great!!!  I was in the novice group, the same group with the new
Seven, Ferrari 308, a couple of Turbo Esprits, old Elans.  The 3rd and
4th sessions were the most fun.  At this point, most of us were looking
for our limits and were lapping pretty fast.
        I was impressed as to how fast I really was going.  I was able to
keep with with the Ferrari and was a bit faster than the old Elans.  Latter
that day I was able to drive a 87 Esprit Turbo.  The Esprit was fast on the
straights around 15-20mph faster than mine, but had to slow down for several
corners (slower than the Elan).  Overall though, the steering on the Esprit
was twitchy at the limit, not so for the Elan.  This fact was mentioned to
me several times when I let others drive the new Elan.

        By the way, Michael the Seven you were talking about (220+ hp motor,
deep blue in color) received 2 people's choice conconrs awards.  One for
best replica car, the second for the best Seven.  Other tid bits of info.
from the Banquet, Saturday night.  There was people at the convention from
Germany, Japan, Canada, and the furtherst away Australia.  The furtherst
Lotus driven to the convention (Marin California), were people from Vancover,
British Columbia (1 yellow Esprit, 1 yellow Elan, and 1 blue Elan).  The
furtherst trailered car came from Kansas City, a Seven.

Salil Saxena            Gotta love those British Roadsters - '91 Lotus Elan SE
Toshiba America MRI, Inc.                       Internet: salil@igor.tamri.com
S. San Francisco, CA  94080                     Phone: (415) 872-2722 x2283
Disclaimer: TAMI has no knowledge of my postings, opinions expressed are mine.