Sprite MkIII for sale (Ca.) & Bay Area SOLunch re-directions

To: british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu
Subject: Sprite MkIII for sale (Ca.) & Bay Area SOLunch re-directions
From: "Daren Stone, D2 IE, 5-9521, bpr:237-2322, RN2-C6" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 92 09:54:20 PDT
     Re: the lunch gathering for the Bay Area SOLers on
     Wednesday, 6/3. FYI, Pedros is on the North side of
     101.

     Re: the A-H Sprite MkIII for sale in Mtn. View Ca.
     (posted last week off of the net). I went & looked at
     it on Saturday, and the owner asked me if I could post
     my impressions.
          Well, the first thing that you'll notice is that
     it's been, um, Americanized. As if someone who really
     wanted a '68 Camaro but could only afford a Sprite had
     owned it at one time. (These mods were *not* performed
     by the current owner). Let's see; most seriously, the
     rear wheel openings have been radiused to clear the
     rear tires. Longer shackles have been fitted to the
     back, giving the car a pronounced rake. Chrome mags &
     Big O bias ply may-pops all around. And a console out
     of a whatever.
          Other bad things; serious exhaust leak, turn
     signals consist of a toggle under the dash, rust in the
     front of the hood, carbs need adjusting. General
     untidyness.
          On the good side, the cars starts right up, &
     didn't appear to have ever suffered any major rust or
     collision trauma. The owner has a list of the recently
     replaced parts, and is as nice and honest as anyone
     I've ever talked with who is selling a car has been. He
     knows it needs serious attention and tells you so.
          My sage opinion: $1200 seems a bit much as is, but
     with a tune up and an exhaust system, it'd might be a
     buy. Dump the wheels & tires & don't fret the paint,
     You'd have a convertible for less than $1600.

          cheers-
                 dstone@sc9.intel.com