Re: LBC test results (1953-now)

To: jeffreys_m_j@bt-web.bt.co.uk
Subject: Re: LBC test results (1953-now)
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 92 11:13:17 pdt
> To: british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu
> From: jeffreys_m_j@bt-web.bt.co.uk
> Subject: LBC test results (1953-now)
> Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1992 11:02:27 +0100
>

> I then bought a new Autocar magazine and noticed it's PAST MASTERS section,
> a large slice of which is seen below. I hope it is of interest and note
> that the omissions (Spitfire, Midget etc.) are not mine!
>
> MAKE     MODEL        DATE       SPEED   0-60   30-70   50-70   MPG
>
> AC       COBRA 289    12/11/65   138     5.5     5.1     4.1    15.1

Just curious, are the MPG values for US or Imperial gallons?  I
routinely got 17-18 MPG (US) with my snake on road trips as long as I
kept off of the secondaries.  The 0-60 time looks about right.

The Nygaard brothers told me that when they had their Cobra set up for
Ap racing with quad Webers they could almost see the fuel gauge needle
move when they were driving the car.