Friday Musings

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (british-cars@autox.team.net)
Subject: Friday Musings
From: Bob Spidell <spidell@hpcc01.corp.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 92 10:10:05 PST
Couple of questions for any and all takers:

1) Anybody used the "Splitfire" brand plugs?  These are the plugs with a
   forked-tip side terminal.  Supposedly the spark has greater "access" to
   the mixture through the split.  Usual claims of better performance,
   mileage, etc.  I'm willing to try anything that will help my stock
   Lucas ignition, but before I shell out for 6 @ $6 ea. I'd like to
   hear from someone who's tried them on his/her LBC.

2) More on SU fuel pumps:  I read recently, from a credible source, that
   newer SU pumps had a diode in lieu of or in addition to the condenser.
   Supposedly the diode helps prevent point-burning.  Seems like it would
   be a simple matter to retrofit a diode to older pumps to accomplish
   the same result.  Anybody familiar with this, got schematics, tried it?

Regards,
Bob