Stag V8 = TR-7 * 2 ?

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Stag V8 = TR-7 * 2 ?
From: southern@neit.cgd.ucar.EDU (Lawrence Buja)
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 92 11:12:37 MDT
James Fuerstenberg writes...
}
}TR7/stag valve seats.
}
}the reason the part numbers are the same is the stag engine is basically
}two TR7 or dolomite engines joined at the hip.  I suspect you will find quite
}a few common parts between the two.

Is this really the case? If so where did they go so wrong?  While
both the TR-7's and the SAABs seem to do OK with their straight
four's, I have yet to hear of a Stag that hasn't had severe engine
problems.

Does this mean that you can beef up your Stag's performance by
slapping on a couple of 16 valve Dolomite heads?

/\      Lawrence Buja           Climate and Global Dynamics Division
  \_][  southern@ncar.ucar.edu  National Center for Atmospheric Research
      \_________________________Boulder,_Colorado___80307-3000__________
        The Batcher definition: "A Supercomputer is any machine
        which turns a CPU bound job into an I/O bound job."