oil cooler...again

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: oil cooler...again
From: hill@eecs.ucdavis.edu (Rich Hill)
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 92 09:55:30 -0800
Surely someone must have ideas about this problem/question.  Here it is again:
I would like to add an oil cooler to my '79 Midget.  The problem is these
things come in all sizes and I really don't know what size to use.  I
would like to keep it small so it fits in the small space that is available.
Vicky Brit sells various sizes and includes little labels like "normal driving",
"heavy duty", "high speed driving", etc. depending upon the size.  Now, I
don't plan on doing any racing or anything in this car but it does get
pretty hot here in the summer (100F and up for weeks on end) and I'd like
to keep the engine happy.

Will the small "normal driving" 10 row cooler be enough for this car?

I really could use some feedback on this one...someone must have a 1500 Midget
with an oil cooler.

thanks,

Rich Hill
hill@eecs.ucdavis.edu