balance pipes

To: sol@hoosier
Subject: balance pipes
From: xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil (James Fuerstenberg)
Date: Thu Mar 5 08:10:17 1992
Re: balance pipes on intake manifolds

David Vizard's book, Tuning A Series Engines, discusses the balance pipe
question in some detail, including discussing the results of plugging the
balance pipe or leaving it open re: dyno results.

I am running a balance pipe manifold on my vintage race mini.  It is a copy
(aluminum) of the old BL Special Tuning manifold.

jim fuerstenberg

                        186,000 miles per second, it's not just a good idea
                        it's the law!

jfuerstenberg@dcri.dla.mil or
xgg2356@dcri.dla.mil

The opinions stated herein are solely my own and not those of my employer.