Re: Sunbeam Harrington LeMans

To: xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil (James Fuerstenberg)
Subject: Re: Sunbeam Harrington LeMans
From: alpine!tj@uunet.UU.NET (T.J. Higgins)
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 92 10:19:57 CST
James Fuerstenberg writes:
> I am going to look at a used LBC in need of restoration after work today,
>
> A Sunbeam Harrington LeMans.  Anybody  have any experience with these and any
> comments....?

To take advantage of the Sunbeam Alpine's success in the 1962? Le
Mans (the Alpine won the Index of Thermal Efficiency Cup, i.e. best
fuel economy), Rootes contracted with Harrington to build a GT version
of the Alpine.  All the bodywork modifications were done using
fiberglass.  If memory serves, the bodywork forward of the A-pillars
is stock Alpine.  The interior and drivetrain are also stock Alpine.

This is a somewhat rare car.  If it turns out that you don't buy it,
let me know, I might be interested.
T.J. Higgins    205-730-7922  |  higgins@ingr.com    (Internet)
Mapping Sciences Division     |  uunet!ingr!higgins  (uucp)
Intergraph Corp.  M/S IW17A6  Huntsville, Alabama, U.S.A.  35894-0001