Re: Assorted Luantic Ramblings

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Assorted Luantic Ramblings
From: georgeb@SSD.intel.com
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 93 11:01:29 -0800
   Whenever a supposedly inamimate object (like our LBCs) show what
can only be described as a personality it is human nature to give
that object a name.  Both of my LBCs have been bestowed with names;
however, neither my Pontiac station wagon (estate car) or my Mazda
have had names stick.

   My '59 TR3A was christened "Frisky" due to it's handling when
I first purchased the car.  The fact that neither of the front shock
absorbers were fully connected had a considerable influence on its
new name.  Since a rebuild of the front suspension, the torque of
the good old tractor engine has been more than sufficient to cause
us to retain the name.

   My '69 GT6+ was similarly named.  When I first purchased the
car, it absolutely refused to go up even moderate hills.
Considering the car's negative attitude the name "Morris" (as in
Morris the cat of cat food commercial fame) was deemed appropriate.
Morris now takes hills with appropriate ease after ditching the
worn out, non-adjustable Zeinth/Strombergs.  However, Morris still
seems to have an attitude when it come to the fuel system.  In the
seven years that I've owned him he's gone through 4 electric fuel
pumps.

   The only names that the Pontiac and Mazda seem to keep are "gold
car" and "red car" respectively.  (Except when I am "sworking" on
them.  Those names are un-printable or at least only printable in
alt.tasteless)

                   George Burgesser
                   Intel Corp. Supercomputer Systems Division
                   georgeb@ssd.intel.com
                   503-629-6365