Upcomming Events

To: British Cars <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Upcomming Events
From: sggy@crux2.cit.cornell.edu (Roger Garnett)
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1993 12:16:46 -0500
A new year, and time to prime our new calendars.

-Original owner cars will be the feature this year at the annual
 University Motors summer party.

-The 60th anniversity of the 6 cylinder MMM MG's will be the feature
at the Fall vintage races in Summit Point, W. Va. (September?)
 1933 saw the addition of the 6 cylinder Magnettes and Magnas to the now
 successful Midget line. Introduced that year were the K, L, and N series cars.

-In conjunction with the North American MMM Register, the 1994 University
 Motors summer party will feature all MMM MG's. This has potential to be
 the largest ever such gathering of these cars in North America.

 I will try to make it to one or both of these events with my '34 PA.

A brief MMM refresher:
 From the official formation of the independent MG car company in 1929,
 until they were sucked back into the Morris organization in 1936, MG
 introduced 12 different production series, some with several models.
 They all used variants of the same basic over head cam engine, in both 4
 and 6 cylinder versions, ranging from 746 to 1286cc.  These cars,
 produced with both open and closed body styles, as well as numerous
 coach-builts and successful racers, set the mould for the success of the
 T-series of the 40's and 50's, and many other affordable, enjoyable
 British sports cars.

 -Know what's even more time consuming and boring than bodywork?
 Sheet rock! We're finally putting some walls and ceilings in our 150
 year old house, a restoration project that moves along at a truely
 glacial pace. While the South Lansing Centre gets a bit more livable,
 my MGB may get it's front end rebuild this winter, but the Peerless will
 have to wait a while...

Roger -You mean I can't spray latex paint with my primer gun? -Garnett