import/export experience

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (britcars)
Subject: import/export experience
From: Paul Amaranth <amaranth@vela.acs.oakland.edu>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1993 09:43:17 -0500 (EST)
Well, the pound had dropped enough to start work on my E-type restoration.
I spent the holiday cutting the bulkhead off of the collection of rust
and holes that passes for the body.  After a little repair work comes
the fun part: shipping it off to Robey in the UK so they can build a new
body tub around it.

Anyone have any experiences, suggestions or hints on shipping this
thing off to England and importing the resulting body back in?  A customs
agent suggested I use a broker, which I am investigating, but I kind of
hoped there was somebody who had actually done something like this.
--
Paul Amaranth  Manager User Services - office: (313) 370 4541 (also voicemail)
(internet)     amaranth@vela.acs.oakland.edu  |  '70 E-type (boxes)