Re: Mr. Buju's Daimler

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: Mr. Buju's Daimler
From: Kirk Buecher <kirkb@gr.hp.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 91 12:29:12 -0700
Congrats to Mr. Buju on pick up such a neat old piece of British history!
(we have to call him Mr. now that he has such a upscale car)

To add to the excellent info that Shel Hall reported on the Daimler,
I have always thought that the 2.5l V-8 was one of best to come along.

Developed by Edward Turner who also developed the Triumph Twin motorcyle
engine, it had a bore of 76mm and a stoke of 70mm, had a hemi head
design, and put out 140 net bhp. There is a Vintage racer named Trevor
Topley that has made just a few modifications to his motor in his
Daimler SP250, and it now produces 200hp out of this little jewel of
a motor.

Now the SP250 that was a nice piece, same great motor, fiberglass body,
and TR3 mechanicals. That would be a fun lbc to own!

Kirk Buecher