Waxoyl?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Waxoyl?
From: John Wroclawski <jtw@lcs.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 91 23:12:02 -0500
   From: Shel Hall <76701.103@compuserve.com>

   A month or so ago, there was a discussion of Waxoyl on the net, but I
   don't remember the conclusion; did we finally find a stateside source
   of this magical rust-preventive goop?

   If we ever found a source, I'd love the name/number.

I bought a "2.5 litre starter kit" (waxoyl in a resealable can with a
sprayer) at the LBC event in Stowe, VT this fall from a guy in a truck
that said:

        MG "T"'s
        Repairs and Restorations of Classic MG's from 1945
        New and Used Parts Available

        Rob Medynski
        1577 Macopin Rd.
        West Milford, NJ 07480
        (201) 728-3096

He wanted $49.95 for it, which seems like a whonking lot of money for
2.5 litres of magic goop, but there you are. The people who advertise
in Hemmings want $59.95 for the same thing. The NJ folks claimed they
had other packaging, such as 10-litre cans, available, and that they
would ship it.

                                        -john