Re: Land Rovers

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: Land Rovers
From: jeffreys_m_j <@bt-web.bt.co.uk:jeffreys_m_j@bt-web.bt.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1991 17:37:18 +0000
From:   NAME: Mike Jeffreys         [DAT31 ]
        FUNC: DAT31
        TEL: 0473-645609                      <JEFFREYS M J AT WEB AT WEBCS>
To:     british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu@unet

Land Rovers are slow; I have driven a long wheelbase diesel during a summer
job and it's maximum speed was about 60mph. It was very noisy, the steering
shook continually; it was so noisy that we could bearly notice the fact
that the front of the propshaft was held on by 2 loose bolts. Two other
guys were not so aware, and ignored the steering shake until they were
overtaken by a wheel!!
This outfit was a nightmare, I was sort of baptised under fire (with
respect to vehicles); my first windscreen shattering, first bonnet flying
up whilst bombing along the road, first bogging down in the mud with a 4
wheel drive vehicle, first reversing into a telegraph pole, you name it,
it probably happened sometime with this company. But it was good fun ;-)
and we always blamed the problems on the guy that had just left.

Regards,
Mike