Need Daimler/Jag Mk II information

To: british-cars@hoosier (british-cars)
Subject: Need Daimler/Jag Mk II information
From: southern@neit.cgd.ucar.EDU (Lawrence Buja)
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 91 21:23:10 MDT
I need some help from the Jaguar MK II folks.

This weekend I may be looking at a '66 Daimler that's for sale
here in Boulder.  The ad reads:

'66 Daimler looks like a Mark II,
2.5L eng  V-8 69K mi.  $3300

The price doesn't sound out of line if it's in good shape.  But I'd
like to find out what to look out for.  I assume that body rust is
a major item, since it's of monocoque (sp?) construction.  Brakes?
Engine? Trans? Parts availability?  Any other gotchas?

/\      Lawrence Buja           Climate and Global Dynamics Division
  \_][  southern@ncar.ucar.edu  National Center for Atmospheric Research
      \_________________________Boulder,_Colorado___80307-3000__________