Performance comparisons

To: @brit
Subject: Performance comparisons
From: rghoff@bb1t.monsanto.com (Home for the Holidays, its your turn to take out the trash)
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 91 09:21:23 -0600
        The MG/Miata comparison was interesting. But keep in mind that
        a 65HP MGB is seriously hampered by the detunning performed to
        get emissions within U.S. limits.

        I'd suggest retunning the detunning. Lindsy Porter has some
        good books on some general tips. I think the '69 B's were
        near 100 HP. With relatively simple mods, you should be able
        to get near or surpass that number. Certainly under $1000 will
        get you that. That initial list that was posted would cost
        under that.

        Then play with fine tunning the Weber and your advance curve
        and you'll be cooking Miata's for breakfast and cleaning your
        teeth with Capri's :-)

        Or something like that.

        Rick Hoffman.