Rubber Bumper B's.......

To: @brit
Subject: Rubber Bumper B's.......
From: rghoff@bb1t.monsanto.com (Home for the Holidays, its your turn to take out the trash)
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 91 10:54:16 -0600
        Ugly? NO WAY!

        I think the Ambingdon designers did a real nice job of retrofitting
        the new 5 mph bumpers to a car that hadn't changed in 15 years.
        (Well, the shettmetal at least). They took a car that had a
        definate 60's look and were able to give it a slicker looking
        (aerodynamically speaking) style without sacrificing too much.

        Let's face it, the US Feds didn't give them much of a choice.

        My '76 has benifitted from them in the 10 years I've had mine.
        Several potential "Oh shit!" turned out to be simple "Oh shoot"s
        and no damage to the car. Maybe that's one reason my insurance
        is so cheap ($111/6months, full coverage).