A great Percy weekend...

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: A great Percy weekend...
From: muller@sunrise.alliant.com (Jim Muller)
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 91 11:02:11 EDT
I sent this out yesterday, but to the address b-c@hoosier.utah.com.  I guess
Internet doesn't think Univ. of Utah is a commercial company. :-}
there was a beautiful orange TR-7 sitting there, still covered with water
from the night's precipitation (which suggested to us that its owners had
spent the night up on the ridge, probably at the Liberty Spring campground,
and considering the recent turn in the weather, that said a lot about the
hardiness of its owner).  Naturally, we parked beside it.  At the top, it
was 20 degrees (F) and windy, grey clouds scudding across the sky from the
northwest wind, it was snowing lightly, and everything was covered with
rhime ice.  Awesome!  Hey, it's only October!  We asked folks we met if
they owned the TR-7 at the bottom, especially if they looked like they had
been camping instead of day-hiking like us, but no one 'fessed up.  We spent
time watching a pair of downy woodpeckers and a pair of hairy woodpeckers,
all working the same trees.  Were visited by a pair of gray jays looking for
a handout, slightly out of place this far south into New Hampshire.  We
ambled down the mountain at a liesurely pace and arrived at the bottom about
sunset.  Only two cars still remained, the two Triumphs.  Its owner will
never know about the Spitfire that parked beside it all day.  And its
owner is apparantly hardy enough to spent yet another night on the ridge.
Unless, of course, it was busted and just *couldn't* drive away...

Percy's heater felt good on the ride home.

Jim Muller