Top snaps, TR6

To: sol@hoosier
Subject: Top snaps, TR6
From: flake@prdmgt.columbiasc.NCR.COM
Date: 21 Oct 91 17:24:21 EDT
In the discussion on plastic top windows:
>The only way to prevent scratches is, when you take the top down,
>unsnap the back end of the top and let it fall in straight as possible.

One thing I've noted on my '72 TR6 is that the flaps on the top
are not snapped to the frame -- they are permanently attached with
rivets!  This means it won't fold out the way it's supposed to.
Unzipping the window before dropping the top works, but the side
flaps just won't fold smoothly.

I'll drill out the rivets (at least on the back flap, the front doesn't
seem quite as critical), but what is the "correct" snap to use for
this location?  Source?  Is it unheard of not to attach these flaps at all?

Joe Flake, N4BGQ
Joe.Flake@ColumbiaSC.NCR.COM