Dumbest things

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Dumbest things
From: Nelson Yaple <Nelson_Yaple@ccm.hf.intel.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 91 09:10:15 PST
          My first car was a 65 MG Midget.  It was minus a left front
          fender, minus a top, minus rings in the engine, minus
          syncros in the tranny, and minus brains in the owner.  It
          leaked more oil than it used in gas, but I could always find
          my way home by following the strip of oil it left.

          When I finally pulled the engine and tranny, I found that
          *EVERY* ring was broken and all the syncros (baulk rings)
          were also broken.  Your probably thinking this guy was an
          idiot to buy this car, but I traded an equally sick Suzuki
          motorcycle for it.

          Anyway, for my dumb stunt.  I drove this car back and forth
          to school.  Thinking I was cool in my British Sports Car, I
          passed by the absolute best looking girl in the entire
          school (shes a model these days).  So Mister Cool (that's
          me) asks if should would like a ride home.  I don't know why
          she accepted, maybe she felt sorry for me sitting in this
          garbage can.  This gal was about six foot so it took her
          awhile to get into the car.  What I forgot is that I never
          bolted the passenger seat down.  By the time we got to her
          house, she was packed in under the foot well.  After about
          ten minutes of struggling to get her out, she looked at me
          with a look of utter disdain and never spoke to me again.

          The funny part is a year later she was going out with a guy
          who lived up the street from me, and one day she drove down
          the street in a #1 condition MGB-GT.  I wonder what Freud
          would say about this.

          Nelson.