RE>Re- Fiberglass firewall

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: RE>Re- Fiberglass firewall
From: Bob Tufts <Bob_Tufts.CES_TAC@eps_suns.pa.dec.com>
Date: 29 Aug 91 17:59:54
        Reply to:   RE>Re:  Fiberglass firewalls
The Lotus Esprit uses a plywood firewall/bulkhead that also is the rollover
protection. I believe it's 1" marine plywood. When changing the
water pump on the Esprit a small "access hole" in the plywood would make
life easier (like the Europa), but I wonder if strength would be compromised,
or resonances would develop (come to think of it , anything would be an
improvement!).  Also, access to the timing belt & tensioner
would be greatly improved. I imagine Lotus never thought that far ahead
for serviceability, or would rather have you pay them to drop your engine!

-Bob T.