Spit header wanted

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Spit header wanted
From: drabik%solaris@gatech.edu (Timothy J. Drabik)
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 91 14:01:38 EDT
I am looking for a WELL-MADE 4-2-1 header to fit a Spitfire
1500.  If there are none available over the counter, I'd be
willing to have a good shop make one up.  321 stainless would
be great.  Flanges to the head should be nicely mated to
the primaries.

I have for sale a well-made four-into-one header sold to me
by T&S Imports.  It's not what I wanted, so I'd like to unload
it.  Still in the box: $85 plus shipping.  However, I'd like
to hear about the prospects of the 4-2-1 header before
selling.

I'm also on the lookout for a free-flow catalytic converter
that I could insert in the Spit's exhaust system well aft
of the usual location (where the header ends, or further back),
and that has a sufficiently low profile so as not to reduce
ground clearance.  Time to light-off will not be excessively long,
hopefully, as I plan to wrap the exhaust system ahead of the
converter.  Does anyone know of a source of relevant information or
the converters themselves?

                                Tim Drabik
                                Georgia Tech Optoelectronic Computing
                                   and sports car design