Re: need exhaust info

To: british-cars@encore.com (SOL list)
Subject: Re: need exhaust info
From: tj@alpine.b17a.ingr.com (T.J. Higgins)
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 91 8:15:51 CDT
A while back I wrote:
> The Alpine needs a new exhaust system...blah blah blah

Thanks to a couple of recommendations, I went ahead and coughed up the
cash for a Falcon stainless steel system.  I was somewhat leery of the
fit, but it went in completely painlessly.  Only took about 2.5 hours.
I fired it up last night about 11:00, and man does it sound good!
Like a different car.  Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.  The
wife was already asleep when I started the car, and I asked her this
morning if she had heard me, she said no.

Also, the old exhaust, when I started the car in the garage (with the
garage door open), the garage would quickly fill with exhaust fumes.
The old exhaust, decidedly non-original, ended in front of the rear
axle, and had a couple of holes in the Y-connector.  The new system
extends all the way to the rear bumper, just like in the pictures.  I
ran the car for about 5 minutes, and apparently all the exhaust fumes
went out the tailpipe and out of the garage.  There was hardly a hint
of exhaust fumes in the garage.  What a concept!

So, is this list dead or what?  I guess everyone's at the VTR
convention....
T.J. Higgins    205-730-7922  |  higgins@ingr.com    (Internet)
Mapping Sciences Division     |  uunet!ingr!higgins  (uucp)
Intergraph Corp.  M/S IW17A4  Huntsville, Alabama, U.S.A.  35894-0001