Re: Does anyone have a favorite shop?

To: bcr!hpspdln.spd.hp.com!dickn@hoosier
Subject: Re: Does anyone have a favorite shop?
From: taichi!whs70@bellcore.bellcore.com (W. H. Sohl)
Date: 16 Aug 1991 8:05 EDT
>From bcr!hpspdln.spd.hp.com!dickn Thu Aug 15 19:28:11 1991
>My daughter, who lives in Marin County, is looking for a
>reasonable & reliable shop to take her TR4 to, either in
>Marin county or perhaps San Francisco. Any suggestions are
>welcome. Thanks/dickn

I suggest you contact someone in the Triumph Travelers
club in the SanFran area.  I think we have several
on the SOL list (Jerry Kaidor, etc.)

Also, suggest that your daughter join that club and/or VTR
to stay in contact with parts suppliers, other owners,
etc.

Here's info about the VTR to pass on to her.
            What's VTR

The Vintage Triumph Register is the only
national club of Triumph
owners and enthusiasts (Over 4300
as of our last newsletter mailing) which
covers all models of Triumphs.
VTR regularly publishes a quarterly magazine,
"The Vintage Triumph," and a newsletter, "The
English Channel".  In acknowledgement of
the sometimes longer than quarterly publication
frequency of the magazine, membership dues
covers the period of time it takes to receive
four (4) issues of the magazine and not simply for a 12 month
annual membership.  Membership in VTR also provides
free classified advertising in the newsletter, access
to VTR's vehicle consultants, a discount book
service, and various VTR regalia.

VTR also has an annual convention, hosted by one of its local
chapters each year.  In 1991 the national convention
will be in Covington, Kentucky at The Drawbridge
Inn (Dates for the 1991 meet have
been set, Aug 22-25, 1991).  Prior convention locations have been
in Boulder, CO (1990); Albany, NY (1989), Dallas, TX (1988);
Atlanta, GA (1987); Pittsburg, PA (1986); Troy, Michigan;
St. Charles, IL; Indianapolis, IN, etc.

Membership dues for VTR is:
  $20 for all USA zipcode addresses
  $25 (US Dollars) for Canada and Mexico
  $30 (US Dollars) anywhere else

To join the VTR, send name, address and dues to:
   VTR - New Membership
   PO Box 36477
   Grosse Pointe, MI 48236

        Please include details about your car when sending in
        new membership info.