Re: 5speed mini 'boxes and Princess Stephanies' thighs

To: GGN100@PSUVM.PSU.EDU, british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Re: 5speed mini 'boxes and Princess Stephanies' thighs
From: mason@ftp.com (Nark Mason)
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 91 22:38:20 -0500
    I talked to Mini Mania, they said the 5 speed Mini gearbox is a
derivative of the stock gearbox but was made by someone else, they didn't
mention who. It requires the use of the late style CV joints and a rod
change mechanism, that would add around $400 to the price.
    They couldn't tell me what the ratios were but they said they'd guess
20% overdrive.
    They already have orders for a half a dozen and do expect to really
have them before the summer.

    I'll leave discussion of Princess Stephanies thighs off this list.