Hillman Imp SOHC vs. Coventry-Climax

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Hillman Imp SOHC vs. Coventry-Climax
From: steve%europa.esd.sgi.com@SGI.COM (Mr. Spench)
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 91 11:58:58 PST
Getting rather bored with the current topics of discussion,  I thought I'd
toss this question out.  I read that the Hillman Imp engine of 875cc then
998cc is derived from the Coventry-Climax engine.   Does anyone know how
it is derived?  Is it basically the exact same engine, only made by the
Rooted Group?  Surely someone (Scott?) must know the truth.

I notice that Imps are not very expensive, whereas Climax engined cars are
VERY expensive.  Also, there is a certain car that I fancy (Ginetta G15) that
uses the Imp engine and can be obtained for a reasonable price (not that I
have any money or space anyway!).

Steve (who dreams of vintage racing a Ginetta, Elva, Turner, Lola, Kieft,
       Lotus, etc....)  Valin

steve valin             i've found something no-one else is looking for
steve@sgi.com           i've found something that there's no use for
4153351379              and what's more, i'm keeping it to myself      - wire