still more Midget frozen brake adjuster

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: still more Midget frozen brake adjuster
From: pwcs!phile@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 91 9:31:01 CST

John Taylor writes:
>The Moke's "piston" tubes are welded too, but the adjustment screw/bolt is
>easily removed through the back-plate (ie. towards the inside of the car).
>It can't be removed through the front.  Are you sure you can't get it out?

Phil Ethier writes:
Yes.  I am sure I would have taken it out if it was possible.  The welded
sheet metal which runs behind the "pistons" has a hole for the square to
stick through so you can get on it with your air-conditioning wrench.  I
cannot recall the exact shape, but there was something that prevented the
screw from fitting through that hole.  Do we have anyone who has seen this
on a Midget to prove I am not crazy (well, at least not in THIS case)?

Phil Ethier
THE RIGHT LINE, 672 Orleans Street, Saint Paul, MN   55107-2676
home:  (612) 224-3105        work:  (612) 298-5324
electronic mail:  phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov  or  uiucuxc!pwcs!phile
It's Hip to be Octagonal.

--
Login name: phile                       In real life: Philip J Ethier
Phone: 298-5324